RULES AND REGULATIONS
Exhibit to Verge Building Lease(s)
All capitalized terms we use in our Rules and Regulations will have the same meaning we gave to such terms in any lease executed with a Tenant of the Verge Building (“Building”) and shall serve as an Exhibit to such lease. Tenants and licensees of the Verge Building will abide by the following rules and regulations:
- Tenant shall commit no act of waste or permit the accumulation of waste or refuse matter in or around the Building. The sidewalks, entrances, passages, vestibules, elevators, stairways, corridors, and public parts of the Building shall not be obstructed by Tenant or used by Tenant for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the Premises.
- No Tenant or its licensees will be permitted to disproportionately use the common areas or the data services.
- All improvements made by Tenant that are so attached to the Premises that they cannot be removed without material injury to the Premises shall become the property of Landlord upon installation.
- Unless otherwise set forth in Tenant’s Lease, there are no reserved parking spaces for the Building other than those marked as such by Landlord. Tenant shall not communicate directly with any other tenant or visitor to the Building regarding any parking problems. Any such conflicts shall be directed to the Building Property Manager. Long term parking or storage of vehicles in the parking lot is not permitted without the written consent of Landlord. Vehicles left in the parking lot for more than three (3) days may be towed at owner’s expense.
- No sign or lettering shall be affixed by Tenant on any part of the outside of the Premises, or on any part of the inside of the Premises so as to be clearly visible from the outside of the Premises, without the prior written consent of Landlord. However, Tenant shall have the right to place its name on any door leading into the Premises; the size, color, and style thereof to be subject to Landlord’s approval, which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. Unless approved by Landlord, Tenant shall affix any sign or other object to any common area with adhesive tape or by any other method that in Landlord’s reasonable opinion is likely to diminish the overall impression of the Premises or the Building or that may cause damage to the finish surface on which it it affixed. Landlord shall place Tenant’s name on the directory in the lobby of the Building. Tenant shall not have the right to have additional names placed on the directory without Landlord’s prior written consent, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- The windows in the Premises shall not be covered or obstructed by Tenant, nor shall any bottles, parcels, or other articles be placed on the windowsills or in the halls or in any other part of the Building, nor shall any article be thrown out of the doors or windows of the Premises.
- Tenant shall not use any electrical equipment which will overload the wiring installations or interfere with the reasonable use thereof by Landlord or other tenants in the Building.
- Tenant shall not make, or permit to be made, any unseemly or disturbing noise or otherwise interfere with other tenants or those having business with other tenants.
- Landlord may, but shall not be obligated to, enter the Premises at any reasonable time, on reasonable notice to Tenant (except that no notice need be given in case of emergency) for the purposes of inspection or the making of such repairs, replacements, and additions in, to, on, and about the Premises or the Building, as Landlord deems necessary or desirable. Tenant shall have no claim or cause of action against Landlord by reason thereof except as otherwise provided in the Lease.
- No sign, placard, picture, advertisement, name or notice shall be inscribed, displayed or printed or affixed on or to any part of the outside or inside of the Building without the written consent of Landlord first had and obtained, and Landlord shall have the right to remove any such sign, placard, picture, advertisement, name and notice without notice to and at the expense of Tenant. At all times and at its sole discretion Landlord shall have the express right to control signage outside or inside the Building.
- No furniture, freight or equipment of any kind shall be brought into the Building without prior notice to Landlord and all moving of the same into or out of the Building shall be done at such time and in such manner as Landlord shall designate. Landlord shall have the right to prescribe the weight, size and position of all safes and other heavy equipment brought into the Building and also the times and manner of moving the same in and out of the Building. Safes or other heavy objects shall, if considered necessary by Landlord, stand on supports of such thickness as is necessary to properly distribute the weight. Landlord will not be responsible for loss of or damage done to the Building by moving or maintaining any such safe or from any cause, and all damage done to the Building by moving or maintaining any such safe or other property shall be repaired at the expense of Tenant.
- The sidewalks, halls, passages, entrances, stairways, elevators and other common areas shall not be obstructed by any of the tenants or their agents or employees or used by them for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from their offices. Tenant shall cooperate with Landlord in maintaining the good order and cleanliness of all such common areas.
- No person shall disturb the occupants of this or adjoining buildings by the use of any television, radio or musical instrument, by the making of loud or disruptive noises or by the creation of offensive odors.
- No cooking (other than microwave ovens or coffee makers) shall be done or permitted by any office Tenant on the Premises, nor shall the Premises be used for the storage of merchandise, for washing clothes, for lodging or for any improper, objectionable or immoral purpose.
- Tenant shall not use or keep in the Premises or the Building any kerosene, gasoline or inflammable or combustible fluid or material, or use any method of heating or air conditioning other than that supplied by Landlord.
- Tenant shall not bring any pets, animals or birds into the Building and shall not permit bicycles or other vehicles inside or on the sidewalks outside the Building except in areas designated from time to time by Landlord for such purposes.
- No additional lock or locks shall be placed by Tenant on any door in the Building unless written consent of Landlord shall first be obtained. A reasonable number of access devices (including keys, card keys and any other access device or tool, hereinafter “Keys”) to the Premises and the Building will be furnished by Landlord, and neither Tenant, its agents nor employees, shall have any duplicate Keys made. Lost Keys will be charged to Tenant and may be charged to Tenant’s credit card. At the termination of this tenancy, Tenant shall promptly return to Landlord all such Keys to offices, restrooms or vaults.
- Tenant shall give Landlord access to the Premises and to all locked areas at all reasonable times for the purpose of inspecting and maintaining the same.
- The toilet rooms, urinals, wash bowls and other apparatus shall not be used for any purpose other than that for which they were constructed and no foreign substance of any kind whatsoever shall be thrown therein and the expense of any breakage, stoppage or damage resulting from the violation of this rule shall be borne by the Tenant who, or whose employees or invitees, shall have caused it.
- Tenant shall not employ any person other than the janitor of Landlord for the purpose of cleaning the Premises unless otherwise agreed to by Landlord.
Except with the written consent of Landlord, no person or persons other than those approved by Landlord shall be permitted to enter the Building for the purposes of cleaning the same.Tenant shall not cause any unnecessary labor by reason of Tenant’s carelessness or indifference in the preservation of good order and cleanliness.
- Canvassing, soliciting and peddling in or about the Building are prohibited.
- No window shades, blinds, screens or draperies will be attached or detached by Tenant without Landlord’s prior written consent.
- Except as is normal and customary for standard office usage, Tenant shall not mark upon, paint signs upon, cut, drill into, drive nails or screws into, or in any way deface the walls, ceiling, partitions or floors of the Premises or of the Building, and any defacement, damage or injury caused by Tenant, its agents or employees, shall be paid for by Tenant.
- Tenant shall comply with all Building security procedures as may from time to time be put into effect by Landlord.
- For the purpose of providing utilities and services, the Building’s normal business hours shall be from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday and from 8:00 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Saturday, excepting holidays.
- Tenant shall see that the doors of the Premises are closed and securely locked before leaving the Building and must observe strict care and caution that all water faucets or water apparatus are entirely shut off before Tenant or Tenant’s employees leave the Building, and that all electricity shall likewise be carefully shut off, so as to prevent waste or damage, and for any default or carelessness Tenant shall make good all injuries sustained by other Tenants or occupants of the Building or Tenant.
- Tenant will at all times cooperate with Landlord in preserving a first class image for the Building.
- Landlord reserves the right to make such reasonable additions and amendments to these Rules and Regulations as in its judgment may from time to time be needful and desirable for the safety, security, care, efficiency and cleanliness of the Building and the preservation of good order therein.